First a movie, now a beer
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - September 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- First there was Fargo, the movie. Now there's Fargo, the beer.
Four native sons are hoping that the name recognition generated from the Coen brothers flick will help launch their fledgling Fargo Beer Company in North Dakota's largest city. Their first beer is called Wood Chipper, a reference to a prop used in of the film's more gruesome scenes.
Brew master Chris Anderson calls it a great way to get things started, and easy way to order a type of beer that just rolls off the tongue.
The official unveiling of the Indian Pale Ale was held at the popular HoDo bar in downtown Fargo, located a block from a 19-story hotel that will serve as a giant screen for the movie "Fargo." Today's movie screening is part of a celebration known as Fargo Fest. To top it off, the second annual Fargo Beer Festival is scheduled to take place tomorrow.
north dakota, alcohol, beer, movies, bizarre bazaar
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 51 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 6 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition