First a movie, now a beer
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - September 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- First there was Fargo, the movie. Now there's Fargo, the beer.
Four native sons are hoping that the name recognition generated from the Coen brothers flick will help launch their fledgling Fargo Beer Company in North Dakota's largest city. Their first beer is called Wood Chipper, a reference to a prop used in of the film's more gruesome scenes.
Brew master Chris Anderson calls it a great way to get things started, and easy way to order a type of beer that just rolls off the tongue.
The official unveiling of the Indian Pale Ale was held at the popular HoDo bar in downtown Fargo, located a block from a 19-story hotel that will serve as a giant screen for the movie "Fargo." Today's movie screening is part of a celebration known as Fargo Fest. To top it off, the second annual Fargo Beer Festival is scheduled to take place tomorrow.
north dakota, alcohol, beer, movies, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 53 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
59 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos