Shouldn't call the police for illegal drugs
ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - October 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A call for a pound of pot results in a ton of trouble.
Police in St. Cloud, Minnesota, charge a man looking to buy weed called an on-duty officer by mistake.
A local radio station reports the uniformed officer was in his squad car when he got multiple calls.
Authorities say the man who was dialing the wrong number was trying to set up a deal to buy a pound of marijuana.
Officers arranged a meeting and busted two men in their 20s.
Police also report seizing about $3,000 in counterfeit $20 bills.
minnesota, dumb criminals, marijuana, police, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 37 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 45 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids