Woman gives birth after running Chicago Marathon
Monday, October 10, 2011
CHICAGO - October 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amber Miller says she felt contractions minutes after crossing the Chicago Marathon finish line.A few hours after completing the 26.2-mile race Sunday, the suburban Chicago woman gave birth to her daughter, June. The 27-year-old is an experienced marathoner who found out she was pregnant after signing up for the race months ago. She figured she'd play it by ear on whether or not she'd run. Miller was nearly 39 weeks pregnant by Sunday. She got clearance from her doctor to half run and half walk the race. She finished in 6 hours and 25 minutes, much slower than her previous seven marathons. Miller spoke to The Associated Press from the hospital and says she received encouraging cheers during the race and never felt bad, except for some feet blisters.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
illinois, chicago, childbirth, bizarre bazaar
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
10 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos