Woman gives birth after running Chicago Marathon
Monday, October 10, 2011
CHICAGO - October 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amber Miller says she felt contractions minutes after crossing the Chicago Marathon finish line.A few hours after completing the 26.2-mile race Sunday, the suburban Chicago woman gave birth to her daughter, June. The 27-year-old is an experienced marathoner who found out she was pregnant after signing up for the race months ago. She figured she'd play it by ear on whether or not she'd run. Miller was nearly 39 weeks pregnant by Sunday. She got clearance from her doctor to half run and half walk the race. She finished in 6 hours and 25 minutes, much slower than her previous seven marathons. Miller spoke to The Associated Press from the hospital and says she received encouraging cheers during the race and never felt bad, except for some feet blisters.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
illinois, chicago, childbirth, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 51 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 18 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
Press Your Luck