Hardware chain offers Halloween 'zombie defense'
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - October 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- One Midwestern hardware store chain has started an unusual ad campaign, catering to the undead.
Westlake Ace Hardware stores are promoting tools and household items "zombie repairs" for the walking dead. The chain is also promoting "zombie defense" for the living. The company launched a website in preparation for Halloween.
The "I am human" section offers chain saws, nail guns and drills for zombie defense. A "Me zombie" section includes bolts and fasteners for broken bones, glue and caulk for peeling skin, and deodorizers for decaying flesh.
Alan Kulhanek, general manager for a Lincoln, Neb. store, says he's asked for a zombie display because several customers have walked in over the last week asking to see it.
Westlake has stores in Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico.
nebraska, halloween, bizarre bazaar
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 4 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 1 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 18 min ago
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
57 min ago