Men are happy this strike is over
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) - October 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- The strike is over in the Colombian town of Barbacoas. And the men must be pretty happy about it.
The women in the town called a sex strike on June 22nd. They said they would deny their partners sex until authorities began paving a 35-mile road linking the town of 35,000 people with the provincial capital.
Finally, army engineers have begun work on the road. It'll cut travel time by at least six hours.
And that's a good thing -- since it appears that the couples who live there will have something else to do with all the time they save.
The local mayor insists that the protest was honored. He says his wife slept in a separate room -- and he's ready to take a lie detector test to prove it.
colombia, sex, protest, bizarre bazaar
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 6 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 12 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 10 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos