City prepares for a super test
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- This is a test -- a Super Bowl test.
The big game is still months away.
But Indianapolis will be testing its ability handle the crowds.
Indy is hosting the FFA convention, which is expected to attract 50,000 people this week.
Officials say it will be a good dry run for the game in February.
The Future Farmers of America will use about 10,000 hotel rooms in the city.
Business leaders tell the Indianapolis Star the Super Bowl is achance to boost the city's image and convention business.
indiana, super bowl, bizarre bazaar
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 21 min ago
- Record Warmth! 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 21 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 21 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 8 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
21 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
11 min ago
- Record Warmth!
51 min ago