Man runs into the record books
TORONTO (AP) - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Age 100, Fauja Singh has run into the record books.
He finished a Toronto marathon yesterday.
He's now the oldest runner to complete a full-distance marathon -- 26-plus miles -- and earns a Guinness record.
It took Singh more than eight hours to cross the finish line - that's six hours after the winner.
While the crowd was long gone, family, friends and supporters greeted Singh as he finished the race.
canada, bizarre bazaar
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 40 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 52 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
44 min ago