Man runs into the record books
TORONTO (AP) - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Age 100, Fauja Singh has run into the record books.
He finished a Toronto marathon yesterday.
He's now the oldest runner to complete a full-distance marathon -- 26-plus miles -- and earns a Guinness record.
It took Singh more than eight hours to cross the finish line - that's six hours after the winner.
While the crowd was long gone, family, friends and supporters greeted Singh as he finished the race.
canada, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos