Man runs into the record books
TORONTO (AP) - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Age 100, Fauja Singh has run into the record books.
He finished a Toronto marathon yesterday.
He's now the oldest runner to complete a full-distance marathon -- 26-plus miles -- and earns a Guinness record.
It took Singh more than eight hours to cross the finish line - that's six hours after the winner.
While the crowd was long gone, family, friends and supporters greeted Singh as he finished the race.
canada, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
23 min ago