Who knew pumpkins liked country music
CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) - October 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- There's something big behind bars at the Rhode Island state prison.
Inmate Elena Hall has grown a 260-pound pumpkin.
Guards planted the seed in March and put Hall in charge of taking care of the orange gourd.
She calls her prison pumpkin Miss Demeanor.
A local television station reports Hall fed her pumpkin a diet of country music -- by putting headphones on it.
Hall says she wants to stay with gardening when she's set free.
rhode island, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 31 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 11 min ago
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 19 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 30 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion