Who knew pumpkins liked country music
CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) - October 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- There's something big behind bars at the Rhode Island state prison.
Inmate Elena Hall has grown a 260-pound pumpkin.
Guards planted the seed in March and put Hall in charge of taking care of the orange gourd.
She calls her prison pumpkin Miss Demeanor.
A local television station reports Hall fed her pumpkin a diet of country music -- by putting headphones on it.
Hall says she wants to stay with gardening when she's set free.
rhode island, bizarre bazaar
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 6 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 12 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 11 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 59 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 18 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
11 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos