Pot workers looking for union support
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. (AP) - October 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pot workers -- unite!
Medical marijuana dispensaries in Colorado are looking for support from the union label.
They're joining the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.
Daniel Rush, an organizer for the union, says the labor group can help in legal battles.
While medicinal pot is legal under Colorado law, it's still against federal law.
Proponents of medical marijuana say it contributes millions of tax dollars to the Colorado economy.
But a ballot measure in Fort Collins would ban marijuana businesses in that city.
colorado, medical marijuana, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 34 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
16 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos