Pot workers looking for union support
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. (AP) - October 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pot workers -- unite!
Medical marijuana dispensaries in Colorado are looking for support from the union label.
They're joining the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.
Daniel Rush, an organizer for the union, says the labor group can help in legal battles.
While medicinal pot is legal under Colorado law, it's still against federal law.
Proponents of medical marijuana say it contributes millions of tax dollars to the Colorado economy.
But a ballot measure in Fort Collins would ban marijuana businesses in that city.
colorado, medical marijuana, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 45 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ