You normally don't take your money back
SALEM, Ore. (AP) - November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- What do your call it when someone gives a panhandler five bucks -- then forcibly takes it back?
For Meghan Fleming it's robbery.
The Salem, Oregon, woman has pleaded guilty to third-degree robbery.
She faces two years' probation when she is sentenced in January.
Her lawyer says the 26-year-old gave $5 to an aggressive beggar, then returned with a pellet gun to demand her money back.
The lawyer tells a local paper, Fleming's behavior could also be explained by a change in her medication.
oregon, money, bizarre bazaar
- Snow today, heavy at times 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- Snow today, heavy at times
24 min ago