You normally don't take your money back
SALEM, Ore. (AP) - November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- What do your call it when someone gives a panhandler five bucks -- then forcibly takes it back?
For Meghan Fleming it's robbery.
The Salem, Oregon, woman has pleaded guilty to third-degree robbery.
She faces two years' probation when she is sentenced in January.
Her lawyer says the 26-year-old gave $5 to an aggressive beggar, then returned with a pellet gun to demand her money back.
The lawyer tells a local paper, Fleming's behavior could also be explained by a change in her medication.
oregon, money, bizarre bazaar
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 40 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 35 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 48 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 51 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 41 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
25 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
22 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
41 min ago