You normally don't take your money back
SALEM, Ore. (AP) - November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- What do your call it when someone gives a panhandler five bucks -- then forcibly takes it back?
For Meghan Fleming it's robbery.
The Salem, Oregon, woman has pleaded guilty to third-degree robbery.
She faces two years' probation when she is sentenced in January.
Her lawyer says the 26-year-old gave $5 to an aggressive beggar, then returned with a pellet gun to demand her money back.
The lawyer tells a local paper, Fleming's behavior could also be explained by a change in her medication.
oregon, money, bizarre bazaar
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 39 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
58 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
39 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
7 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos