NY gov's 'I am the government' quote now ringtone
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- A recent soundbite from New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo that's become a hit on Twittter is getting extra mileage as a ringtone.
In a radio interview Wednesday, the Democratic governor said, "I am the government."
His comment quickly made the rounds on Twitter, a ringtone was set up, and Thursday's New York Daily News pictured Cuomo in a wig as France's Louis XIV, who famously said, "I am the state."
Cuomo didn't appear to be boasting, however, in his comment on WGDJ-AM in Albany. He was explaining how his poll numbers reflect New Yorkers' renewed faith and confidence in government.
Cuomo quickly added that he was referring just to the executive branch of state government.
His office didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.
new york, cell phones, bizarre bazaar
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 19 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 3 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 27 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 15 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 21 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
19 min ago