NY gov's 'I am the government' quote now ringtone
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- A recent soundbite from New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo that's become a hit on Twittter is getting extra mileage as a ringtone.
In a radio interview Wednesday, the Democratic governor said, "I am the government."
His comment quickly made the rounds on Twitter, a ringtone was set up, and Thursday's New York Daily News pictured Cuomo in a wig as France's Louis XIV, who famously said, "I am the state."
Cuomo didn't appear to be boasting, however, in his comment on WGDJ-AM in Albany. He was explaining how his poll numbers reflect New Yorkers' renewed faith and confidence in government.
Cuomo quickly added that he was referring just to the executive branch of state government.
His office didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.
new york, cell phones, bizarre bazaar
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 3 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 22 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos