Buyer of minivan finds hidden $500K in cocaine
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - November 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A California man was stunned to see what a previous owner of his minivan apparently left behind: $500,000 worth of cocaine jammed in the door panels.
San Jose psychologist Charles Preston says the cellophane-wrapped cocaine was found when he took the van to a mechanic. Police were immediately notified.
Preston says he noticed the driver's side window wouldn't go down all the way, but he figured he would live with it because the Town and Country van had a good air conditioning system.
The San Jose Mercury News says Preston paid $14,000 to Thrifty Car Sales in Santa Clara for the 2008 white van in May 2010.
Thrifty Car Sales owner Ron Battistella says he's willing to replace the van with a drug-free ride.
california, automobiles, illegal drugs, bizarre bazaar
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 12 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 12 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 16 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 41 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad