Buyer of minivan finds hidden $500K in cocaine
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - November 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A California man was stunned to see what a previous owner of his minivan apparently left behind: $500,000 worth of cocaine jammed in the door panels.
San Jose psychologist Charles Preston says the cellophane-wrapped cocaine was found when he took the van to a mechanic. Police were immediately notified.
Preston says he noticed the driver's side window wouldn't go down all the way, but he figured he would live with it because the Town and Country van had a good air conditioning system.
The San Jose Mercury News says Preston paid $14,000 to Thrifty Car Sales in Santa Clara for the 2008 white van in May 2010.
Thrifty Car Sales owner Ron Battistella says he's willing to replace the van with a drug-free ride.
california, automobiles, illegal drugs, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 4 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 6 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 27 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 38 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering