Buyer of minivan finds hidden $500K in cocaine
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - November 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A California man was stunned to see what a previous owner of his minivan apparently left behind: $500,000 worth of cocaine jammed in the door panels.
San Jose psychologist Charles Preston says the cellophane-wrapped cocaine was found when he took the van to a mechanic. Police were immediately notified.
Preston says he noticed the driver's side window wouldn't go down all the way, but he figured he would live with it because the Town and Country van had a good air conditioning system.
The San Jose Mercury News says Preston paid $14,000 to Thrifty Car Sales in Santa Clara for the 2008 white van in May 2010.
Thrifty Car Sales owner Ron Battistella says he's willing to replace the van with a drug-free ride.
california, automobiles, illegal drugs, bizarre bazaar
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 58 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 34 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 31 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 37 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 13 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
24 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos