Boy, 9, drove himself to school with mom
DOVER, Del. (AP) - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware say a 9-year-old boy drove himself to school - with his mother in the passenger's seat.
According to court records, numerous witnesses saw the boy pull into the parking lot of his elementary school in Dover Tuesday morning and get out of the car. Police say his mother, 34-year-old Tammy Oneal, then drove away.
Capt. Tim Stump, a police spokesman, says Oneal told police she has allowed her son to drive in a field since he was 5. Stump says she told police the boy begged her to let him drive to school.
Stump says the child drove about a quarter-mile.
Oneal has been charged with reckless endangering and endangering the welfare of a child. Her phone number is unlisted and she could not be reached.
dover, delaware, automobiles, children, dumb criminals, school, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 6 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 3 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 43 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 56 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 48 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
56 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
3 min ago