Boy, 9, drove himself to school with mom
DOVER, Del. (AP) - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware say a 9-year-old boy drove himself to school - with his mother in the passenger's seat.
According to court records, numerous witnesses saw the boy pull into the parking lot of his elementary school in Dover Tuesday morning and get out of the car. Police say his mother, 34-year-old Tammy Oneal, then drove away.
Capt. Tim Stump, a police spokesman, says Oneal told police she has allowed her son to drive in a field since he was 5. Stump says she told police the boy begged her to let him drive to school.
Stump says the child drove about a quarter-mile.
Oneal has been charged with reckless endangering and endangering the welfare of a child. Her phone number is unlisted and she could not be reached.
dover, delaware, automobiles, children, dumb criminals, school, bizarre bazaar
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 44 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 14 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 45 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
14 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
44 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos