Boy, 9, drove himself to school with mom
DOVER, Del. (AP) - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware say a 9-year-old boy drove himself to school - with his mother in the passenger's seat.
According to court records, numerous witnesses saw the boy pull into the parking lot of his elementary school in Dover Tuesday morning and get out of the car. Police say his mother, 34-year-old Tammy Oneal, then drove away.
Capt. Tim Stump, a police spokesman, says Oneal told police she has allowed her son to drive in a field since he was 5. Stump says she told police the boy begged her to let him drive to school.
Stump says the child drove about a quarter-mile.
Oneal has been charged with reckless endangering and endangering the welfare of a child. Her phone number is unlisted and she could not be reached.
dover, delaware, automobiles, children, dumb criminals, school, bizarre bazaar
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 11 min ago
- Temps Soar 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 7 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 9 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
5 min ago