Problems with this plate
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - November 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Nebraska has eighty-sixed a "420" license plate.
Now, a lawyer is taking the state Department of Motor Vehicles to court.
Frank Shoemaker applied for the personalized tags "NE420."
But his request was denied.
The DMV says 420 is associated with pot smoking -- stoner shorthand for let's get high.
The Nebraska chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union filed the federal lawsuit on Shoemaker's behalf.
The ACLU says the DMV is violating Shoemaker's free speech rights.
nebraska, automobiles, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 34 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 41 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 52 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
34 min ago