Most will pass on this treat
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's a Thanksgiving treat that probably won't be on your table -- mealworms.
The brave can sample cornbread stuffing with mealworms at the Audubon Insectarium in New Orleans.
Other bug studded offerings this week are pumpkin pie with crickets and cranberry sauce with wax worms.
The museum is closed today, but they'll back open tomorrow.
Of course, if you're dying to try a bug dish you can make it yourself.
The museum experts say bugs can be added to almost any recipe in place of nuts, fruit or meat.
The Insectarium's Zack Lemann says, "Oven-roasted crickets taste like nuts."
louisiana, new orleans, food, holidays, thanksgiving, bizarre bazaar
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 25 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 6 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million