Most will pass on this treat
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's a Thanksgiving treat that probably won't be on your table -- mealworms.
The brave can sample cornbread stuffing with mealworms at the Audubon Insectarium in New Orleans.
Other bug studded offerings this week are pumpkin pie with crickets and cranberry sauce with wax worms.
The museum is closed today, but they'll back open tomorrow.
Of course, if you're dying to try a bug dish you can make it yourself.
The museum experts say bugs can be added to almost any recipe in place of nuts, fruit or meat.
The Insectarium's Zack Lemann says, "Oven-roasted crickets taste like nuts."
louisiana, new orleans, food, holidays, thanksgiving, bizarre bazaar
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd 46 min ago
- Unsettled to spectacular 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs 44 min ago
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half 38 min ago
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
46 min ago
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses...
44 min ago