A death most fowl: Turkey crashes into Pa. eatery
PENN HILLS, Pa. (AP) - November 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A wild turkey smashed through a plate glass window at an empty western Pennsylvania restaurant and ended up where millions of its fellow gobblers did on Thanksgiving: a dining room.
Penn Hills police Officer Bernard Sestili tells the WTAE-TV the feathered fowl didn't survive impact when it barreled into the dining room of the Eat'n Park in Penn Hills on Thursday afternoon. The restaurant was closed at the time.
Sestili says he responded when the building's alarm went off.
He suspects the turkey may have been roosting in a nearby tree when it "got up this morning and went for his morning flight and flew into the window."
Penn Hills is about 10 miles outside Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, thanksgiving, food, police, bizarre bazaar
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 11 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers 13 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Snow Ball 2013: Eagles vs. Lions 51 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 16 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Widener U. students help stuck drivers
13 min ago