A death most fowl: Turkey crashes into Pa. eatery
PENN HILLS, Pa. (AP) - November 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A wild turkey smashed through a plate glass window at an empty western Pennsylvania restaurant and ended up where millions of its fellow gobblers did on Thanksgiving: a dining room.
Penn Hills police Officer Bernard Sestili tells the WTAE-TV the feathered fowl didn't survive impact when it barreled into the dining room of the Eat'n Park in Penn Hills on Thursday afternoon. The restaurant was closed at the time.
Sestili says he responded when the building's alarm went off.
He suspects the turkey may have been roosting in a nearby tree when it "got up this morning and went for his morning flight and flew into the window."
Penn Hills is about 10 miles outside Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, thanksgiving, food, police, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids