Home remodeling turns up counterfeit cash
TROY, Mich. (AP) - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a home remodeling project in suburban Detroit has turned up a stash of counterfeit cash.
The Detroit Free Press reports that police in Troy received a call Monday from the homeowner, who had lived in the house for more than a decade.
Police say the fake bills were hidden inside a wall. There's no word on how long it may have been there.
Police forwarded the counterfeit cash to the U.S. Secret Service.
michigan, counterfeiting, money, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 10 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
5 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
10 min ago