Woman had drugs during booking
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say they plan to charge a woman who had drugs and paraphernalia in her purse - when she voluntarily surrendered to be booked on unrelated assault charges.
Uniontown police aren't yet releasing the name of the woman because the charges are pending.
Police tell the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review the woman arrived to be fingerprinted about 9 p.m. Monday then asked an officer if she could use her cell phone to call for a ride home. That's when an officer who looked through her purse for the phone found a plastic straw with white suspected drug residue on it and some narcotics tablets.
The woman told police she had a prescription for the medications, but police say they're waiting for her to prove that before deciding what charges to file.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 32 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 19 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 21 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 8 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 23 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 52 min ago
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
30 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos