Woman had drugs during booking
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say they plan to charge a woman who had drugs and paraphernalia in her purse - when she voluntarily surrendered to be booked on unrelated assault charges.
Uniontown police aren't yet releasing the name of the woman because the charges are pending.
Police tell the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review the woman arrived to be fingerprinted about 9 p.m. Monday then asked an officer if she could use her cell phone to call for a ride home. That's when an officer who looked through her purse for the phone found a plastic straw with white suspected drug residue on it and some narcotics tablets.
The woman told police she had a prescription for the medications, but police say they're waiting for her to prove that before deciding what charges to file.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 42 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 54 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
42 min ago