Woman had drugs during booking
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say they plan to charge a woman who had drugs and paraphernalia in her purse - when she voluntarily surrendered to be booked on unrelated assault charges.
Uniontown police aren't yet releasing the name of the woman because the charges are pending.
Police tell the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review the woman arrived to be fingerprinted about 9 p.m. Monday then asked an officer if she could use her cell phone to call for a ride home. That's when an officer who looked through her purse for the phone found a plastic straw with white suspected drug residue on it and some narcotics tablets.
The woman told police she had a prescription for the medications, but police say they're waiting for her to prove that before deciding what charges to file.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 4 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 46 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos