Police: Fugitive chaperoned daughter's field trip
SEATTLE (AP) - December 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Seattle police say a man on the run for a litany of crimes was spotted chaperoning his daughter's elementary school field trip.
Donald Vasser was featured on "Washington's Most Wanted," a local law enforcement show in the style of "America's Most Wanted." It described the 39-year-old man as a "high-violent offender" with more than 20 arrests under his belt.
Seattle police spokeswoman Renee Witt says another parent recognized him and police were called in after the students came back to Lowell Elementary School on Wednesday. Vasser fled before police arrived, and officers were unable to find him even though the school was locked down.
Schools spokeswoman Teresa Wippel says officials are investigating how Vasser was able to get on the trip. She says that schools run background checks on chaperones.
seattle, washington, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 26 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 17 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 13 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 15 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 56 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 54 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 46 min ago
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
24 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos