Marijuana flung from car pelts Oregon trooper
EUGENE Ore. (AP) - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- An Oregon state trooper says he was giving chase at more than 100 mph when suspects in the car ahead ripped open half-pound bags of marijuana and began flinging it out of the window.
Trooper Clay Core tells the Eugene Register-Guard that the pot was "pelting my car" as the chase continued north Monday night along Interstate 5 toward Eugene.
Eventually, the car stopped, and officers detained two Washington state men on several charges, including tampering with evidence. Core says jettisoning the pot was an unsuccessful attempt to get rid of evidence.
Between the car and what officers found along the interstate, Core says, five pounds of pot was retrieved.
And, Core says, officers worked Monday night and Tuesday morning to make sure they picked up all of it.
oregon, dumb criminals, marijuana, police chase, bizarre bazaar
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Windy And Warmer 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Windy And Warmer
19 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos