Marijuana flung from car pelts Oregon trooper
EUGENE Ore. (AP) - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- An Oregon state trooper says he was giving chase at more than 100 mph when suspects in the car ahead ripped open half-pound bags of marijuana and began flinging it out of the window.
Trooper Clay Core tells the Eugene Register-Guard that the pot was "pelting my car" as the chase continued north Monday night along Interstate 5 toward Eugene.
Eventually, the car stopped, and officers detained two Washington state men on several charges, including tampering with evidence. Core says jettisoning the pot was an unsuccessful attempt to get rid of evidence.
Between the car and what officers found along the interstate, Core says, five pounds of pot was retrieved.
And, Core says, officers worked Monday night and Tuesday morning to make sure they picked up all of it.
oregon, dumb criminals, marijuana, police chase, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ