Marijuana flung from car pelts Oregon trooper
EUGENE Ore. (AP) - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- An Oregon state trooper says he was giving chase at more than 100 mph when suspects in the car ahead ripped open half-pound bags of marijuana and began flinging it out of the window.
Trooper Clay Core tells the Eugene Register-Guard that the pot was "pelting my car" as the chase continued north Monday night along Interstate 5 toward Eugene.
Eventually, the car stopped, and officers detained two Washington state men on several charges, including tampering with evidence. Core says jettisoning the pot was an unsuccessful attempt to get rid of evidence.
Between the car and what officers found along the interstate, Core says, five pounds of pot was retrieved.
And, Core says, officers worked Monday night and Tuesday morning to make sure they picked up all of it.
oregon, dumb criminals, marijuana, police chase, bizarre bazaar
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 45 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos