Christmas package arrives 1 year and 6 days later
WINTER BEACH, Fla. (AP) - December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- An Arkansas woman finally has proof that she bought her mother a Christmas gift last year.
The package Mary Beth Mauldin sent via the United States Postal Service last December finally arrived in Florida on Dec. 16 - one year and six days after it was mailed from Greenbrier, Ark.
The Vero Beach Press Journal reports Mauldin visited the post office numerous times over the past year to try to track the package.
The box contained a gift card and a flannel nightgown for her mother, Mary Lou Shelton.
The women got an apology from post office officials, who say they aren't sure what caused the delay.
Shelton also got some additional holiday cheer when her daughter's Christmas card arrived Monday, three days after it was mailed from Arkansas.
florida, holidays, christmas, bizarre bazaar
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl awaiting transplant 18-months later 21 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire 22 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued 7 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore