Wis. Polar Bear Club head makes 60th icy plunge
MILWAUKEE (AP) - January 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Milwaukee Polar Bear Club president who made his 60th annual New Year's Day plunge into Lake Michigan says it may not have been his last.
Eighty-two-year-old Garth Gaskey previously said he was quitting because of his age, the four stents in his heart and his daughter was unhappy about it.
But on Sunday the retired Brookfield maintenance man told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he wasn't sure about next year. He jumped in with his granddaughter and great-granddaughter at Bradford Beach in Milwaukee.
His daughter, Cathy Mayer, was at the event, too, and had a different story. She says they are taking him to Arizona next year.
wisconsin, bizarre bazaar
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 39 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 59 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 52 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 54 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
50 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
39 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
54 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
59 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos