Wis. Polar Bear Club head makes 60th icy plunge
MILWAUKEE (AP) - January 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Milwaukee Polar Bear Club president who made his 60th annual New Year's Day plunge into Lake Michigan says it may not have been his last.
Eighty-two-year-old Garth Gaskey previously said he was quitting because of his age, the four stents in his heart and his daughter was unhappy about it.
But on Sunday the retired Brookfield maintenance man told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he wasn't sure about next year. He jumped in with his granddaughter and great-granddaughter at Bradford Beach in Milwaukee.
His daughter, Cathy Mayer, was at the event, too, and had a different story. She says they are taking him to Arizona next year.
wisconsin, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man