Wis. Polar Bear Club head makes 60th icy plunge
MILWAUKEE (AP) - January 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Milwaukee Polar Bear Club president who made his 60th annual New Year's Day plunge into Lake Michigan says it may not have been his last.
Eighty-two-year-old Garth Gaskey previously said he was quitting because of his age, the four stents in his heart and his daughter was unhappy about it.
But on Sunday the retired Brookfield maintenance man told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he wasn't sure about next year. He jumped in with his granddaughter and great-granddaughter at Bradford Beach in Milwaukee.
His daughter, Cathy Mayer, was at the event, too, and had a different story. She says they are taking him to Arizona next year.
wisconsin, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 44 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 10 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
6 min ago