Alleged carjacker arrested when he stops for gas
COOS BAY, Ore. (AP) - January 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- An alleged carjacker in Oregon certainly didn't check the fuel gauge on the car he's accused of taking from a grocery store parking lot.
Officers in Coos Bay quickly arrested the man when he stopped a few miles away to buy gas.
Authorities say the man threw a woman out of the car Tuesday and sped off. The World of Coos Bay reports the man pulled into a gas station and asked to pay cash, but the attendant was suspicious because the driver was agitated.
The attendant says the man was obviously relieved when police drove past the station.
But officers drove around the back and cornered the suspect. Police say he tried to drive away but crashed the stolen Honda Civic into a light post.
oregon, carjacking, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 44 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
44 min ago