They were close to the delivery room
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Thacker made it to the hospital -- but not to the delivery room.
She had a baby boy while stuck in an elevator at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington.
Little Blake entered the world just short of the 14th floor.
The News Tribune reports nurses were moving the mom-to-be to the birthing center, when the elevator got stuck.
Thacker doesn't remember much about the circumstances of her unusual delivery.
But she kept asking did she "just really have a baby in an elevator?"
washington, hospitals, bizarre bazaar
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 46 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 10 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder