They were close to the delivery room
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Thacker made it to the hospital -- but not to the delivery room.
She had a baby boy while stuck in an elevator at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington.
Little Blake entered the world just short of the 14th floor.
The News Tribune reports nurses were moving the mom-to-be to the birthing center, when the elevator got stuck.
Thacker doesn't remember much about the circumstances of her unusual delivery.
But she kept asking did she "just really have a baby in an elevator?"
washington, hospitals, bizarre bazaar
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 17 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Emergency landing causes delays at Heathrow 55 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
17 min ago