They were close to the delivery room
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Thacker made it to the hospital -- but not to the delivery room.
She had a baby boy while stuck in an elevator at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington.
Little Blake entered the world just short of the 14th floor.
The News Tribune reports nurses were moving the mom-to-be to the birthing center, when the elevator got stuck.
Thacker doesn't remember much about the circumstances of her unusual delivery.
But she kept asking did she "just really have a baby in an elevator?"
washington, hospitals, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids