Mexico police: robber rode skateboard to banks
MEXICO CITY (AP) - January 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mexico City police say they have arrested a would-be bandit who rode his skateboard to bank robbery attempts.
Police say Sergio Ledesma and his skateboard have been turned over to prosecutors after he allegedly attempted to rob two banks by whispering threats to tellers.
Police say the teller at the first bank simply acted as if he hadn't heard Ledesma, who then skated off to a second bank.
The second teller told police Ledesma appeared to whisper a threat. So the teller set off a silent alarm, and counted out the money while the would-be robber waited patiently.
Police said Friday Ledesma was still waiting when they arrived and arrested him.
mexico, bank robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 12 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 38 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom