Mexico police: robber rode skateboard to banks
MEXICO CITY (AP) - January 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mexico City police say they have arrested a would-be bandit who rode his skateboard to bank robbery attempts.
Police say Sergio Ledesma and his skateboard have been turned over to prosecutors after he allegedly attempted to rob two banks by whispering threats to tellers.
Police say the teller at the first bank simply acted as if he hadn't heard Ledesma, who then skated off to a second bank.
The second teller told police Ledesma appeared to whisper a threat. So the teller set off a silent alarm, and counted out the money while the would-be robber waited patiently.
Police said Friday Ledesma was still waiting when they arrived and arrested him.
mexico, bank robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 10 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 17 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 14 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 21 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 5 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 16 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos