Topless woman stops traffic in Pa., being treated
MONONGAHELA, Pa. (AP) - January 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman who stopped traffic in a western Pennsylvania city when she strode topless down the street and threw her shoes at a car could face criminal charges.
But, for now, Monongahela police Chief Brian Tempest says the woman from nearby Donora undergoing a mental health evaluation and treatment stemming from the incident shortly after 3 p.m. Monday. That's why police are not releasing her name at this point.
Tempest says the woman was already topless when she got out of her car and walked down the "dead center" of Main Street. She took off her pants and shoes as she walked and, at one point, hit a woman who came out of a café.
The woman scuffled briefly with police before she was handcuffed and led away.
pennsylvania, naked in public, bizarre bazaar
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 39 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 16 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
42 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos