50 years and still going
January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- UPS is celebrating a first.
Fifty years behind the wheel without an accident for one of their drivers.
Company official watched as Ohio driver Ron Sowder showed what brown can do.
The Navy veteran figures over the last half century, he's driven more than four million miles, and delivered 35-million-plus packages.
Sowder says staying accident-free is tougher these days.
He adds he sees plenty of distracted driving -- people doing everything from texting to putting on their makeup.
ups, bizarre bazaar
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 16 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 41 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school