50 years and still going
January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- UPS is celebrating a first.
Fifty years behind the wheel without an accident for one of their drivers.
Company official watched as Ohio driver Ron Sowder showed what brown can do.
The Navy veteran figures over the last half century, he's driven more than four million miles, and delivered 35-million-plus packages.
Sowder says staying accident-free is tougher these days.
He adds he sees plenty of distracted driving -- people doing everything from texting to putting on their makeup.
ups, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 16 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 47 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 9 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 7 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 33 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 40 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 48 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
16 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
47 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
9 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
10 min ago