Man starts police chase as part of wishlist
BUTTE, Mont. (AP) - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 55-year-old Montana man who says he "always wanted" to be part of a police chase can check that off his bucket list.
The Montana Standard reports John C. Hughes followed a patrol car for seven blocks early Thursday before pulling his SUV around and taking off at speeds of up to 70 mph. Officers say the Butte man was driving faster than 100 mph on an interstate toward Rocker, Mont.
Officers in that city laid out a spiked strip to flatten the tires on the SUV.
A police report says Hughes told officers he "just always wanted" to see what it would be like to be in a police chase. Officers say Hughes had not been drinking.
Hughes faces a charge of reckless driving while eluding police.
montana, dumb criminals, police chase, bizarre bazaar
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 24 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 14 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
14 min ago