NYC sewage plant to offer Valentine's Day tours
NEW YORK (AP) - February 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- It may not smell like a rose but a New York City sewage plant is offering tours for lovers on Valentine's Day.
The tour host and superintendent of the Newtown Creek Wastewater treatment plant in Brooklyn tells the Daily News it'll be a unique date, and one that special someone will never forget.
Jim Pynn says the highlight of the tour will be the plant's giant egg-shaped digesters, which break down the noxious waste into harmless sludge and gas.
Pynn says each Valentine's Day visitor will get a Hershey kiss - and at least something to talk about.
new york, new york city, valentine's day, bizarre bazaar
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 3 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft 47 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 7 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 45 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 42 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies