Dad plays porn instead of 'Smurfs' at kid's party
TREMONTON, Utah (AP) - February 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police aren't filing charges against a father who briefly played a pornographic video instead of "The Smurfs" at his child's birthday party.
Tremonton Police Chief Dave Nance tells the Standard-Examiner of Ogden the man had rented a copy of "The Smurfs" from a Redbox kiosk and loaded the disc into his laptop. But when he turned the projector on for the children, pornographic images flashed on the screen.
Authorities got involved when the father complained somebody had tampered with the DVD. Police found nothing wrong, saying the porn was probably on the laptop.
Nance says officials aren't pursuing charges because the incident was apparently an accident.
"The Smurfs" was released in 2011 and features animated blue creatures that are chased into New York City by an evil wizard.
utah, pornography, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man