Fugitive runs out of gas, calls sheriff for help
EVANSTON, Wyo. (AP) - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 59-year-old fugitive is back behind bars after he ran out of gas in Wyoming and called the local sheriff's office for roadside assistance.
The Wyoming Highway Patrol said Tuesday that Richard Vincent of Prineville, Ore., was wanted in Georgia for violating parole on a murder and escape conviction.
Vincent called the Uinta County Sheriff's Office sent state troopers to help him out. When they learned that Vincent had an outstanding felony warrant from Atlanta, he was taken into custody.
Vincent is now being held for Georgia authorities pending extradition.
wyoming, automobiles, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 49 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
49 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
47 min ago