Fugitive runs out of gas, calls sheriff for help
EVANSTON, Wyo. (AP) - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 59-year-old fugitive is back behind bars after he ran out of gas in Wyoming and called the local sheriff's office for roadside assistance.
The Wyoming Highway Patrol said Tuesday that Richard Vincent of Prineville, Ore., was wanted in Georgia for violating parole on a murder and escape conviction.
Vincent called the Uinta County Sheriff's Office sent state troopers to help him out. When they learned that Vincent had an outstanding felony warrant from Atlanta, he was taken into custody.
Vincent is now being held for Georgia authorities pending extradition.
wyoming, automobiles, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
45 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos