Mumbling Pa. suspect had mouthful of crack
AMBRIDGE, Pa. (AP) - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania man is jailed on drug charges because police say something other than a confession came out of his mouth when he was hit with a stun gun.
The Beaver County Times reports Tuesday that 56-year-old Frank Lee Turner was mumbling when Ambridge police stopped a car in which he was a passenger on Feb. 5.
Police say Turner was mumbling before he struggled with police and was hit with the stun gun - only to have 23 individually wrapped pieces of crack cocaine fall out of his mouth.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Turner, who faces a preliminary hearing on drug possession, resisting arrest and other charges.
Turner remained in the county jail Tuesday, unable to post bond.
pennsylvania, drugs, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online 17 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident 44 min ago
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township 27 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment