Mumbling Pa. suspect had mouthful of crack
AMBRIDGE, Pa. (AP) - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania man is jailed on drug charges because police say something other than a confession came out of his mouth when he was hit with a stun gun.
The Beaver County Times reports Tuesday that 56-year-old Frank Lee Turner was mumbling when Ambridge police stopped a car in which he was a passenger on Feb. 5.
Police say Turner was mumbling before he struggled with police and was hit with the stun gun - only to have 23 individually wrapped pieces of crack cocaine fall out of his mouth.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Turner, who faces a preliminary hearing on drug possession, resisting arrest and other charges.
Turner remained in the county jail Tuesday, unable to post bond.
pennsylvania, drugs, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 41 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 28 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 30 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 17 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 32 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
43 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
28 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
41 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos