Female inmates put pig image in Vt. police decal
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Female prison inmates are to blame for a prank that put the image of a pig in a decal on the doors of some Vermont state police cruisers.
Department of Corrections Commissioner Andy Pallito tells a local television station that female inmates at the prison work center in Windsor are responsible for altering the decal in 2009. But he says figuring out specifically who did it is impossible unless someone confesses.
The pig in the 16-inch decal was first noticed by a state police trooper washing his car Feb. 1.
One of the spots on a cow in the state crest was changed to the shape of a pig, a derogatory term for police.
State police say they believe the pig decal has been added to about 30 cruisers in the past year.
vermont, police, animals, bizarre bazaar
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 22 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 46 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 58 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 54 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
54 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos