Female inmates put pig image in Vt. police decal
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Female prison inmates are to blame for a prank that put the image of a pig in a decal on the doors of some Vermont state police cruisers.
Department of Corrections Commissioner Andy Pallito tells a local television station that female inmates at the prison work center in Windsor are responsible for altering the decal in 2009. But he says figuring out specifically who did it is impossible unless someone confesses.
The pig in the 16-inch decal was first noticed by a state police trooper washing his car Feb. 1.
One of the spots on a cow in the state crest was changed to the shape of a pig, a derogatory term for police.
State police say they believe the pig decal has been added to about 30 cruisers in the past year.
vermont, police, animals, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 15 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 4 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia