Man busted on drug warrant after casino win
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - February 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A central Pennsylvania man accuse of dealing drugs had his luck run out when he won $2,500 playing blackjack at a casino near Philadelphia.
Altoona police say 34-year-old Mateen Johnson was arrested Saturday because he had to produce identification to cash out his winnings at Philadelphia Park Racetrack & Casino in Bucks County. Casino officials learned Johnson was wanted for drug offenses in Altoona and called authorities.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Johnson who was wanted by the Blair County Drug Task Force and the state attorney general's Bureau of Narcotics Investigation on separate drug delivery charges filed last year.
Johnson remained in the Blair County Prison on Monday.
The Altoona Mirror reports Tuesday that Johnson told police he expected to be arrested soon and was trying to win enough at blackjack to make bail.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, bizarre bazaar
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 44 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 30 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
44 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
30 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos