White House typo has Biden headed to 'Road Island'
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - February 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The vice president is hitting the road - to what the White House wrote as "Road Island," mistakenly spelled R-O-A-D instead of R-H-O-D-E.
A release outlining Joe Biden's plans for the week showed him traveling to Providence in misspelled "Road Island" on Thursday for a campaign event. The vice president is scheduled to visit Boston and Manchester, N.H., on the same day. No misspellings there.
An updated schedule sent out by the White House on Monday night noted the correct spelling of the state.
rhode island, vice president joe biden, bizarre bazaar
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 2 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 35 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 1 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 28 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 58 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 9 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
35 min ago