White House typo has Biden headed to 'Road Island'
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - February 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The vice president is hitting the road - to what the White House wrote as "Road Island," mistakenly spelled R-O-A-D instead of R-H-O-D-E.
A release outlining Joe Biden's plans for the week showed him traveling to Providence in misspelled "Road Island" on Thursday for a campaign event. The vice president is scheduled to visit Boston and Manchester, N.H., on the same day. No misspellings there.
An updated schedule sent out by the White House on Monday night noted the correct spelling of the state.
rhode island, vice president joe biden, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees