SC's Riverbanks Zoo offers its poop for planting
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Feburary 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Riverbanks Zoo and Garden in Columbia, S.C., is offering lucky gardeners a chance to put in orders for its famed poop produced by elephants, giraffes and zebras.
Zoo spokeswoman Susan O'Cain says one cubic yard of the manure will be available for $43 a load. The manure sells out quickly, and each order is limited to two loads.
Zoo animals produce about 1,500 pounds of manure every day. For those interested in small amounts, pint-size and two-gallon buckets are placed at zoo entrances throughout the year.
O'Cain says the poop will be available for pickup on March 23. Orders may be placed through www.riverbanks.org.
south carolina, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 3 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 56 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 28 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 12 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 28 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 1 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 52 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
1 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
52 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
23 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos