SC's Riverbanks Zoo offers its poop for planting
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Feburary 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Riverbanks Zoo and Garden in Columbia, S.C., is offering lucky gardeners a chance to put in orders for its famed poop produced by elephants, giraffes and zebras.
Zoo spokeswoman Susan O'Cain says one cubic yard of the manure will be available for $43 a load. The manure sells out quickly, and each order is limited to two loads.
Zoo animals produce about 1,500 pounds of manure every day. For those interested in small amounts, pint-size and two-gallon buckets are placed at zoo entrances throughout the year.
O'Cain says the poop will be available for pickup on March 23. Orders may be placed through www.riverbanks.org.
south carolina, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 43 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 26 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 3 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
57 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
43 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
26 min ago