Man fakes gas leak to oust 'other' man
DAWSON, Pa. (AP) - February 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a western Pennsylvania man with falsely reporting a natural gas leak, apparently because he was trying to determine if his girlfriend was hiding another man in her residence in an adjoining building.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 36-year-old Michael Sanner, of Dawson, who was charged Sunday, a day after police and fire crews responded to his girlfriend's residence.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review says the woman told police that Sanner threatened to report a gas leak when she refused to let him into her residence on Saturday afternoon. That's when police went to Sanner's residence and determined the reported leak was false.
Police say Sanner told them he made the false report because he believed the woman had another man in the apartment.
Sanner doesn't have a listed phone.
dumb criminals, gas leak, bizarre bazaar
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 59 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 38 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
38 min ago