NJ mother, child, both born on leap day
SADDLE RIVER, N.J. (AP) - February 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey mother born on February 29 beat 2 million-to-1 odds when she had her daughter - who was also born on leap day.
Michelle Birnbaum of Saddle River tells The New York Post that she'll use the occasion to teach her 4-year-old daughter Rose about science and the earth's cycles around the sun.
Birnbaum turns 32 Wednesday, but will celebrate for only the eighth time on the actual date. It comes once every four years as the result of a system intended to keep the seasons, years, months and days in working order.
Birnbaum went into labor on Feb. 28, 2008, but Rose was born the following day.
She tells the newspaper she's delighted to have a "built in party partner."
new jersey, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 1 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 36 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 1 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
1 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
1 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos