Belfast cops nab burglar caught in door letterbox
BELFAST, Northern Ireland (AP) - March 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say it wasn't too hard to nab one would-be Belfast burglar - he managed to get his arm stuck while trying to reach through a front door letterbox.
Northern Ireland police say a passing patrol spotted the 17-year-old wrestling to free himself from a house's front door before sunrise Thursday. They say he had tried to reach the door's inner lock via the letterbox flap but his arm became hopelessly trapped.
Firefighters dismantled the door but left the letterbox clamped to the boy's arm until they reached a police station, where it was safely removed.
Police declined to identify the boy because he has yet to be charged.
north ireland, burglary, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom