Presidential McNugget sells for $8K
DAKOTA CITY, Neb. (AP) - March 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Call it McWashington.
A Nebraska woman has sold a three-year-old McDonald's Chicken McNugget that resembles President George Washington for $8,100 on eBay.
The Sioux City Journal in Iowa says bidding ended just after 11:30 a.m. Monday.
Rebekah Speight of Dakota City sold the McNugget to raise money for a drive to raise $15,000 and send 50 children to summer church camp in Sioux City. Speight says her children didn't eat the chicken during a McDonald's visit three years ago. She was about to toss it, then spotted Washington's resemblance. Speight stashed the McNugget in her freezer.
eBay had temporarily taken down the auction last month because it violated rules regulating expired food.
She later received an email saying the site was "willing to make exceptions to help your cause."
nebraska, food, mcdonalds, bizarre bazaar
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 31 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 50 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 21 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
21 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos