Presidential McNugget sells for $8K
DAKOTA CITY, Neb. (AP) - March 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Call it McWashington.
A Nebraska woman has sold a three-year-old McDonald's Chicken McNugget that resembles President George Washington for $8,100 on eBay.
The Sioux City Journal in Iowa says bidding ended just after 11:30 a.m. Monday.
Rebekah Speight of Dakota City sold the McNugget to raise money for a drive to raise $15,000 and send 50 children to summer church camp in Sioux City. Speight says her children didn't eat the chicken during a McDonald's visit three years ago. She was about to toss it, then spotted Washington's resemblance. Speight stashed the McNugget in her freezer.
eBay had temporarily taken down the auction last month because it violated rules regulating expired food.
She later received an email saying the site was "willing to make exceptions to help your cause."
nebraska, food, mcdonalds, bizarre bazaar
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks 6 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 39 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 2 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom...
6 min ago