Top bidder chickens out of $8,100 McNugget deal
DAKOTA CITY, Neb. (AP) - March 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- McWashington needs a new home.
The top bidder for a McNugget that resembles President George Washington has chickened out of the $8,100 deal.
Rebekah Speight of Dakota City, Neb., told the Sioux City Journal for a Thursday story that the bidder was "very sorry" but had to back out.
Speight says she has had the McNugget stashed in her freezer for three years and decided to sell it on eBay to help raise money for a drive to send children to church camp this summer.
Speight says eBay rules allow her to offer the McNugget to the second-highest bidder, who had offered $8,000. If that falls through, she can offer it to the third-highest bidder and so on. She has 60 days to decide what to do.
ebay, bizarre bazaar
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 5 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 4 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 52 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar