Iowa Republican mistakenly pitches Democrats
ALBIA, Iowa (AP) - March 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Republican congressional candidate says he's learned to double check his campaign schedule after he mistakenly spoke at a Democratic convention in Iowa.
Dan Dolan told the Quad-City Times he arrived early Saturday at the county courthouse in Albia for a Republican convention. He says his staffer asked the crowd if he could speak, and when he finished, "a guy raises his hand and says, 'I think you want to talk to the Republicans.'"
Turns out, Democrats were meeting in the same place two hours before the Republican event was to start.
Dolan, of Muscatine, Iowa, says everyone was nice about the mix-up, but he now asks "Is this the Republican convention?" before he starts talking.
Dolan is running for the GOP nomination for Iowa's 2nd Congressional District seat.
iowa, election, bizarre bazaar
- Plane evacuated after landing gear problems at PHL 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
53 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
51 min ago