Teen texts prank to police detective
ROGERS, Ark. (AP) - March 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northwest Arkansas teenager thought it would be funny to text a random phone number saying she hid a body, but the joke backfired.
Of all the local phone numbers she could have chosen, the 15-year-old Rogers girl picked one that belonged to a police detective. Police found the girl's address by tracing her cellphone number.
The prank? To text: "I hid the body ... Now what?" to a random phone number. The teen said she got the idea for the prank from a posting on the website Pinterest.
Police didn't find the prank funny and say it tied up some of the department's resources.
The girl was released with a warning.
arkansas, police, bizarre bazaar
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl awaiting transplant 18-months later 1 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire 1 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued 6 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore