Teen texts prank to police detective
ROGERS, Ark. (AP) - March 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northwest Arkansas teenager thought it would be funny to text a random phone number saying she hid a body, but the joke backfired.
Of all the local phone numbers she could have chosen, the 15-year-old Rogers girl picked one that belonged to a police detective. Police found the girl's address by tracing her cellphone number.
The prank? To text: "I hid the body ... Now what?" to a random phone number. The teen said she got the idea for the prank from a posting on the website Pinterest.
Police didn't find the prank funny and say it tied up some of the department's resources.
The girl was released with a warning.
arkansas, police, bizarre bazaar
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 9 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 38 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 37 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 35 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 34 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 41 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 32 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 45 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
42 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
9 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
38 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
45 min ago