Cleaning up crime takes on a new meaning
BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) - March 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cleaning up crime -- with a mop.
Police in Bellingham, Washington, report a convenience store clerk used a mop to fight off a would-be bandit.
The crook was armed with a knife.
Sergeant Jason Monson tells the Bellingham Herald the clerk was mopping near the register, when the armed man jumped over the counter.
Police say the clerk knocked the bandit to floor with the mop, then chased him out of the store.
Nothing was taken.
Police are checking security video to try to ID the suspect.
washington, dumb criminals, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 33 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police ID suspect in Camden Marine's murder
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer 39 min ago
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Police cruiser involved in Tacony crash
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Man survives 3 days at bottom of Atlantic
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
33 min ago