Family hopes to start a trend
OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mario Villa Santa will be catching the breeze in Ocean City.
Authorities in the Maryland beach community are giving the Villa Santa family permission to install wind turbines on their Boardwalk home.
Villa Santa says the energy-producing turbines are silent and bird-friendly.
Officials tell a local paper the family will be guinea pigs for wind energy.
They hope other homeowners will follow.
maryland, energy, environment, bizarre bazaar
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 7 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
7 min ago