Family hopes to start a trend
OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mario Villa Santa will be catching the breeze in Ocean City.
Authorities in the Maryland beach community are giving the Villa Santa family permission to install wind turbines on their Boardwalk home.
Villa Santa says the energy-producing turbines are silent and bird-friendly.
Officials tell a local paper the family will be guinea pigs for wind energy.
They hope other homeowners will follow.
maryland, energy, environment, bizarre bazaar
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 24 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather 12 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 2 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton 19 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 18 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp....
18 min ago
- Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
19 min ago
- John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
2 min ago