Man accidentally dials 911 while stealing
SOUTHINGTON, Conn. (AP) - March 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Connecticut man accidentally dialed 911 from his cellphone while stealing about 700 pounds of scrap metals.
Police say the 46-year-old man was arrested after the robbery from a Southington merchant.
A local television station reports that he was charged Thursday with third-degree criminal trespassing and sixth-degree larceny. He was released on bond and is scheduled to appear in court April 2.
connecticut, 9-1-1 call, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!