Sorry, you have to wear pants
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (AP) - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- William Carruba has to wear pants to his senior prom.
An Illinois school district is denying his request to wear a kilt to the big dance.
William says he wanted to celebrate his family's Scottish heritage.
He tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the kilt is made from the family tartan.
School administrators say the kilt doesn't fit the district's dress code.
William says he understands and will wear pants.
illinois, school, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 29 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show