Sorry, you have to wear pants
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (AP) - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- William Carruba has to wear pants to his senior prom.
An Illinois school district is denying his request to wear a kilt to the big dance.
William says he wanted to celebrate his family's Scottish heritage.
He tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the kilt is made from the family tartan.
School administrators say the kilt doesn't fit the district's dress code.
William says he understands and will wear pants.
illinois, school, bizarre bazaar
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead 56 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 35 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead
56 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos