Sorry, you have to wear pants
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (AP) - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- William Carruba has to wear pants to his senior prom.
An Illinois school district is denying his request to wear a kilt to the big dance.
William says he wanted to celebrate his family's Scottish heritage.
He tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the kilt is made from the family tartan.
School administrators say the kilt doesn't fit the district's dress code.
William says he understands and will wear pants.
illinois, school, bizarre bazaar
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 13 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 38 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 27 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
38 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos