Sorry, you have to wear pants
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (AP) - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- William Carruba has to wear pants to his senior prom.
An Illinois school district is denying his request to wear a kilt to the big dance.
William says he wanted to celebrate his family's Scottish heritage.
He tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the kilt is made from the family tartan.
School administrators say the kilt doesn't fit the district's dress code.
William says he understands and will wear pants.
illinois, school, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 3 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 1 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Winter's Last Blast
8 min ago