Sorry, you have to wear pants
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (AP) - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- William Carruba has to wear pants to his senior prom.
An Illinois school district is denying his request to wear a kilt to the big dance.
William says he wanted to celebrate his family's Scottish heritage.
He tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the kilt is made from the family tartan.
School administrators say the kilt doesn't fit the district's dress code.
William says he understands and will wear pants.
illinois, school, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed