Woman's 'cop fantasy' has unhappy ending: DUI
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A state trooper says an extremely drunk woman met him at the door wearing underpants and holding two yellow roses she wanted him to accept as part of her "cop fantasy" - before he charged her with drunken driving instead.
The Altoona Mirror reports Thursday that Trooper Thomas Laskey went to a residence on March 20 after a motorist reported they were following a car that had been driving erratically on Interstate 99. Laskey says 40-year-old Monica Barnhart answered the door and matched the description he had of the driver - except that she had taken off her blue jeans and was wearing only underpants.
Police say Barnhart eventually acknowledged driving the car and that her blood alcohol content was more than four times the legal limit for drivers.
Barnhart's attorney says she maintains her innocence.
pennsylvania, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, police, bizarre bazaar
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Another Beauty 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park 5 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones