Woman's 'cop fantasy' has unhappy ending: DUI
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A state trooper says an extremely drunk woman met him at the door wearing underpants and holding two yellow roses she wanted him to accept as part of her "cop fantasy" - before he charged her with drunken driving instead.
The Altoona Mirror reports Thursday that Trooper Thomas Laskey went to a residence on March 20 after a motorist reported they were following a car that had been driving erratically on Interstate 99. Laskey says 40-year-old Monica Barnhart answered the door and matched the description he had of the driver - except that she had taken off her blue jeans and was wearing only underpants.
Police say Barnhart eventually acknowledged driving the car and that her blood alcohol content was more than four times the legal limit for drivers.
Barnhart's attorney says she maintains her innocence.
pennsylvania, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, police, bizarre bazaar
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 12 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 3 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party