Police put the squeeze on toothpaste thief
EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (AP) - April 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police using surveillance video have put the squeeze on a man suspected of trying to steal a shopping cart full of toothpaste from a western Massachusetts grocery store.
Police arrested 23-year old Timmy John Laflamme on Monday after spotting him sitting in a car across the street from the Stop & Shop supermarket in East Longmeadow he was accused of trying to rob last week.
Laflamme, of Chicopee, pleaded not guilty to shoplifting and was ordered held without bail because of pending cases in Springfield.
Police tell The Republican that Laflamme tried leaving the store with the toothpaste on April 4 but fled when he was stopped by store employees.
Police say shoplifting toothpaste and other toiletries is common. Thieves try to resell the items to small convenience stores.
massachusetts, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 19 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?