Police put the squeeze on toothpaste thief
EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (AP) - April 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police using surveillance video have put the squeeze on a man suspected of trying to steal a shopping cart full of toothpaste from a western Massachusetts grocery store.
Police arrested 23-year old Timmy John Laflamme on Monday after spotting him sitting in a car across the street from the Stop & Shop supermarket in East Longmeadow he was accused of trying to rob last week.
Laflamme, of Chicopee, pleaded not guilty to shoplifting and was ordered held without bail because of pending cases in Springfield.
Police tell The Republican that Laflamme tried leaving the store with the toothpaste on April 4 but fled when he was stopped by store employees.
Police say shoplifting toothpaste and other toiletries is common. Thieves try to resell the items to small convenience stores.
massachusetts, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
32 min ago