How would you classify strippers?
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Are strippers employees or independent contractors?
That the issue before the Kansas Supreme Court.
The state contends Club Orleans needs to pay taxes for the strippers unemployment benefits.
But attorneys for the club argue the women aren't workers.
They pay rent to use the stage and up to 50 bucks for a half-hour in the private lap dance room.
Lawyers say the club makes most its money from food and booze, not the fees charged to the dancers.
kansas, naked in public, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed