How would you classify strippers?
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Are strippers employees or independent contractors?
That the issue before the Kansas Supreme Court.
The state contends Club Orleans needs to pay taxes for the strippers unemployment benefits.
But attorneys for the club argue the women aren't workers.
They pay rent to use the stage and up to 50 bucks for a half-hour in the private lap dance room.
Lawyers say the club makes most its money from food and booze, not the fees charged to the dancers.
kansas, naked in public, bizarre bazaar
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 8 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
35 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos